We operate a gender-neutral uniform policy where students have the opportunity to choose from a suite of uniform options.
|Blazer||Black blazer with school badge in House colours.|
|Shirt (and tie)|| |
White-collared shirt buttoned up to the neck and tucked in. House tie. White open-neck blouse with plain collar and House colours. A tie does not need to be worn with this option.
|Jumper||A plain - no logo - black V-neck jumper may be worn over the shirt or blouse. Sweatshirts and cardigans are not permitted.|
|Trousers||Plain black, full length, tailored trousers. These must not be of skinny or overly loose fit and should be of an appropriate material, ie: no denim or chino material. Trousers should be worn appropriately and professionally.|
|Skirt||School kilt (available from uniform stockists - see below). The school kilt should be worn at, or just above the knee|
|Coat and Jacket||Dark coat or jacket with no obvious logos.|
|Shoes||Smart black low heeled shoes. Boots, trainers and shoes with no backs are not permitted.|
|Socks and Tights||If wearing a skirt: plain white or black ankle socks or black tights. If wearing trousers: plain black ankle socks.|
- All students must adhere to the uniform regulations. Uniform should be worn properly both at school and when travelling to and from school.
- Students should remove any items of outdoor clothing on entering the school buildings. This includes coats, hats, scarves, gloves etc.
- The Senior Leadership Team at Leventhorpe will be the arbiter of the appropriateness of school uniform. The school stocks a range of uniform which are deemed as acceptable which can be lent to students, if necessary, and if students are not dressed appropriately.
- The Senior Leadership Team reserve the right to ask parents to collect students from school to change their uniform, if they are in breach of the above expectations.
Most uniform is available from local department stores. Kilts and House blouses are obtainable from the following:
Fosters Schoolwear Ltd, 12 Birchanger Industrial Estate, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts CM23 2TH
Top Form Clothing, 90/91 The Stow, Harlow, Essex CM20 3AP
- The badge for the school blazer and the House tie are only obtainable from school via Resources during break time.
Hairstyles, Accessories and Make-Up
- Hairstyles should be of professional appearance, neat and respectable. They should not be overly fashionable; this includes excessively shaved hair. Hair colour should be of a natural colour. Overly bright and vibrant colours are not deemed acceptable for school.
- Hair accessories should be moderate and should be of a plain, dark colour. Students may wear one single stud in their ear, no bigger than the earlobe. For health and safety reasons, all other forms of jewellery are not permitted.
- Discreet make-up may be worn by students. School staff will ask students to remove their make-up if it is deemed to be excessive. False nails and nail varnish are not permitted.
PE and Games Kit
|Reversible Black/Red Rugby Shirt||Black/Red Polo shirt with school logo|
|Black Shorts with school logo||Black Shorts with school logo|
|Black/Red Polo Shirt with school logo||Red Football Socks|
|House T-Shirt||House T-Shirt|
|Football Boots||Football Boots|
|Trainers/Astros (no canvas shoes)||Trainers/Astros (no canvas shoes)|
|Red Football Socks||Tracksuit Top (optional)|
|Tracksuit top (optional)||Sports Leggings (optional)|
|Safety Equipment (compulsory)||Safety Equipment (compulsory)|
|Gum Shield (Rugby and Hockey)||Gum Shield (Hockey)|
|Shin Pads (Football and Hockey)||Shin Pads (Football and Hockey)|
Swimming Kit for Years 7 & 8 only:
Swimming costumes for boys and girls should be plain black. Please note that bikinis and boardshorts are not appropriate swimwear for students.
Students should also have goggles and a swimming hat for those with long hair.
Sportswear is available from Fosters and Top Form.
Nearly New Uniform
Our POP UP SHOP will be open for service on the dates listed below. However for any requests outside of these dates can be made (specifying the item and size) by email at:
Emails will be processed twice a week and, if stock is available, payment must be made via ParentPay before items can then be collected from the School Reception. (Full details will be given via our reply email.)
POP UP SHOP – OPENING DATES & TIMES 2023/4
|Tuesday 19th September||3-5pm|
|Tuesday 3rd October (Yr 10 PIE Evening)||6.30-7.30pm|
|Wednesday 18th October (Yr 7 Settling Evening)||4.15-6.30pm|
|Tuesday 30th January (Yr 9 Parent Consultations)||1-4pm|
|Wednesday 13th March (Yr 8 Parents Consultations)||1-4pm|
|Thursday 23rd April (Yr 7 Parent Consultations)||1-4pm|
|Thursday 16th May (Yr 10 Parent Consultations)||1-4pm|
|Friday 5th July - LEVFEST||From 1pm|
Donations of school uniform items are always welcome through the Main School Reception.