Following their inspection of the school in January 2012, Ofsted inspectors concluded that Leventhorpe “is an outstanding school with an outstanding sixth form”, judging the school Outstanding in all five categories of Overall Effectiveness, Achievement of Pupils, Quality of Teaching, Behaviour and Safety of Pupils and Leadership and Management.
The school fosters students’ self-esteem and independence as learners particularly well.
- Outstanding leadership and management at all levels have established a highly cohesive and inclusive learning community.
- Students are rapidly absorbed into the school’s calm, purposeful ethos. They make rapid progress and attain academic standards which are significantly above average. Achievement is outstanding.
- Learning and teaching across the main school and sixth form and in most subjects is consistently of high quality with much teaching which is outstanding.
- Students’ conduct around the school is exemplary and their excellent behaviour in lessons makes a significant contribution to their learning and progress.
- The school council is very active and contributes to the formulation of school policy.
- There is strong provision for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Chairman of Governors, Roger Beeching, congratulated staff and students on behalf of the Governors, saying the excellent result “is down to your consistent hard work, dedication and professionalism together with your willingness to take on and try new methods and ways of teaching and being.” He also commended “the tremendous friendly family feel to the whole school and the interactions of staff in all departments which work together in seemingly total cooperation.”
“Many congratulations on becoming amongst the first to get top marks! It’s a real boost for the staff, governors and students”.
Mark Prisk, MP
“You attend an outstanding school with an outstanding sixth form….We were impressed with your maturity, confidence and your aspirations to do well.”
In the inspectors letter to students
The downloads are in PDF format. Ensure you have Adobe Reader™ installed on your computer (if not download Adobe Reader below) to be able to view them.
|Ofsted Report 2012||05th Aug 2020||Download|