Governance and Company Information
What do Governors at Leventhorpe Do?
Governors of any school have 3 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of Staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
What is the function of Link Governors at Leventhorpe?
Each member of the governing body has one or more areas of speciality and are responsible for knowing that area of the school’s work in-depth and then reporting back to the relevant committee or to the whole governing body if relevant. In particular, link governors:
- Organise and lead link meetings with relevant members of senior staff at least once per term.
- Feedback to committee meetings and/or provide minutes of link meeting to Clerk/Chair of Committee.
- Investigate and keep current with the latest legislation/code or guidance relating to link area.
- Monitor impact of School Growth Plans/actions relating to link area.
- Question/Discuss/Debate link area issues with other GB Committee members and school SLT link staff. Bring decisions to GB Committee where appropriate.
- Understand (and utilise where appropriate) body of evidence from school for improvements or developments relating to link area.
- Understand and utilise opinions and feedback from key stakeholders (staff, students, parents, community) relating to link area.
- Take up training opportunities (available to Governors) for link area where appropriate and affordable.
Leventhorpe School is operated by Rivers Multi Academy Trust Company No. 07697367 Registered in England and Wales
Governing Body Policies
Copies of governing body policies are available to parents on request to the Clerk to the Governing Body, care of the School.
If you need to contact the governing body including the Chair of Governors, please email the clerk, Mrs Tracy Wilson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of Committees and Link Responsibilities
Chair of Governors: Thomas Bailey, Vice Chair: Alfred Church, Clerk to Governors: Tracy Wilson
|School Improvement & Student Welfare||Roles / Links / Areas of Responsibility|
|Chair - Siobhan Chester Deputy - Jane Burchfield Clerk - Emma Bill|
|Malcolm White||Headteacher, Resources, Fundraising, Build Group|
|Peter Westbrook||Teaching & Learning|
|Maureen Bray||Teaching & Learning, SEN, Pupil Premium and Looked After Children, Child Protection|
|Siobhan Chester||SCITT, Teaching School, CPD|
|Jane Burchfield||Teaching and Learning, Student Welfare and Student Voice|
|Emma Bill||Communications, Faculty Review & Data Analysis|
|Alfred Church||Vice Chair of Trustees, Admissions, Sixth Form|
|Geoff Ma||Faculty Review & Data Analysis (Self Evaluation), Sixth Form|
|Thomas Bailey||Chair of Trustees / GB, Resources|
|Resources||Roles / Links / Areas of Responsibility|
|Governor||Chair - Robert Nunn, Vice Chair - Nick Parry|
|Malcolm White||Headteacher, SISW, Resources|
|Thomas Bailey||Chair of Trustees / GB, SISW, Resources|
|Lucy Johnson||SEN Lead, Pupil Premium & Looked After Children, Child Protection, Communications|
|Robert Nunn||Chair of Resources, SCITT|
|Nick Parry||Fundraising / Additional Income|
|Jane Burchfield||Student Welfare / Student Voice|
|Area of Responsibility||Governor Link||Staff Link|
|SEN, Pupil Premium and Looked After Children||M. Bray (Safeguarding) / L. Johnson (SEN)||L. Price|
|Child Protection||M. Bray / L. Johnson||A. Francis & L. Price|
|Policy Review||Committee Chairs||Clerk|
|HR & Staff Welfare, Safeguarding (Emp), Succession Planning||TBA||W. Shannon|
|Teaching and Learning||M. Bray / J. Burchfield||L. Price|
|Communications||E. Bill / L. Johnson||M. White|
|PTFA, Community||TBA||M. White|
|Fundraising / Additional Income||N. Parry||W. Shannon|
|CPD||S. Chester||L. Price|
|Data Analysis Self Evaluation - to include Faculty Review||E. Bill / G. Ma||J.Dyke / H. Cunningham (Faculty)|
|Sixth Form||A. Church / G. Ma||C. Crosby|
|Student Welfare (including wellbeing and student voice)||TBA||L. Price, Jane Burchfield|
|Admissions||A. Church||L. Price|
|Health & Safety||TBA||S. Miller|
|Behaviour & Student Discipline||TBA||A. Francis|
|Teaching School (including SCITT)||S. Chester / R. Nunn||B. Kistell|
|Governance Schemes of Delegation||27th Sep 2022||Download|
|Leventhorpe Growth Plan 2022 2025||28th Nov 2022||Download|
|Governor Attendance 2022 2023||11th Sep 2023||Download|
|Governing Body Dates for Meetings 2023 24||05th Sep 2023||Download|
|Trustees Govs and Members Pecuniary Business Interests 2023||13th Nov 2023||Download|