Governance and Company Information
What do Governors at Leventhorpe Do?
Governors of any school have 3 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of Staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
What is the function of Link Governors at Leventhorpe?
Each member of the governing body has one or more areas of speciality and are responsible for knowing that area of the school’s work in-depth and then reporting back to the relevant committee or to the whole governing body if relevant. In particular, link governors:
- Organise and lead link meetings with relevant members of senior staff at least once per term.
- Feedback to committee meetings and/or provide minutes of link meeting to Clerk/Chair of Committee.
- Investigate and keep current with the latest legislation/code or guidance relating to link area.
- Monitor impact of School Growth Plans/actions relating to link area.
- Question/Discuss/Debate link area issues with other GB Committee members and school SLT link staff. Bring decisions to GB Committee where appropriate.
- Understand (and utilise where appropriate) body of evidence from school for improvements or developments relating to link area.
- Understand and utilise opinions and feedback from key stakeholders (staff, students, parents, community) relating to link area.
- Take up training opportunities (available to Governors) for link area where appropriate and affordable.
Leventhorpe School is operated by Rivers Multi Academy Trust Company No. 07697367 Registered in England and Wales
Governing Body Policies
Copies of governing body policies are available to parents on request to the Clerk to the Governing Body, care of the School.
If you need to contact the governing body including the Chair of Governors, please email the clerk, Mrs Davina Marshall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of Committees and Link Responsibilities
Chair of Governors: Dr Tony Evans Vice Chair: David Martin Clerk to Governors: Davina Marshall
|School Improvement & Student Welfare||Roles / Links / Areas of Responsibility|
|Chair - Siobhan Chester Deputy - Jane Burchfield Clerk - Maureen Bray|
|Malcolm White||Headteacher, Resources, SISW, Fundraising, Build Group|
|Tony Evans||Chair of Trustees/Governors, SISW, Resources, Self-Evaluation and Faculty Review|
|Maureen Bray||Teaching & Learning, SEN, Pupil Premium and Looked After Children, Child Protection|
|Siobhan Chester||SCITT, Teaching School, CPD|
|Jane Burchfield||Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Student Welfare and Student Voice|
|Emma Bill||Communications, Faculty Review & Data Analysis, Audit|
|Alfred Church||Admissions, Sixth Form|
|Emma Siriotis||Careers, Student Welfare|
|Resources||Roles / Links / Areas of Responsibility|
|Governor||Chair - Thomas Bailey, Vice Chair - Robert Nunn|
|Tony Evans||Chair of Trustees, Chair of GB, Admissions, SISW, Resources, Data Analysis and Faculty Review|
|Malcolm White||Headteacher, SISW, Resources|
|David Martin||Vice Chair of Trustees / GB, Human Resources and Staff Welfare, Employment Safeguarding and Staff, Student Discipline|
|Thomas Bailey||Student Discipline, Audit|
|Chris Warne||Fundraising, PTFA and Community, Health & Safety|
|Lucy Johnson||SEN, Pupil Premium & Looked After Children, Child Protection, Fundraising, PTFA & Community|
|Catrin Mills||Human Resources & Staff Welfare, Employment Safeguarding & Succession Planning, Sixth Form|
|Robert Nunn||SCITT, Audit|
|Area of Responsibility||Governor Link||Staff Link|
|SEN, Pupil Premium and Looked After Children||M. Bray / L. Johnson||L. Price|
|Child Protection||M. Bray / L. Johnson||A. Francis|
|Policy Review||Committee Chairs||Clerk|
|HR & Staff Welfare, Safeguarding (Emp), Succession Planning||D. Martin / C. Mills||W. Shannon|
|Building Group||T. Bailey / D. Martin / P. Westbrook||W. Shannon / M White|
|Audit||T. Bailey / R. Nunn||M. White|
|Teaching and Learning||M. Bray / J. Burchfield||D. Harvey|
|Curriculum||P. Westbrook / J. Burchfield||J. Dyke|
|Communications||E. Bill / L. Johnson||M. White|
|Fundraising, PTFA, Community||C. Warne||M. White|
|CPD||S. Chester||D. Harvey|
|Data Analysis Self Evaluation - to include Faculty Review||T. Evans / E. Bill||J.Dyke|
|Sixth Form||A. Church / C. Mills||C. Crosby|
|Student Welfare (including wellbeing and student voice)||J. Burchfield / E. Siriotis||L. Price|
|Admissions||A. Church||L. Price|
|Health & Safety||C. Warne||S. Miller|
|Student Discipline||D. Martin / T. Bailey||A. Francis|
|Teaching School (including SCITT)||S. Chester / R. Nunn||B. Kistell|
|Careers||E. Siriotis||L. Price|
|Governor Attendance 2019 - 2020||15th Sep 2020||Download|
|Governance Schemes of Delegation||24th Feb 2021||Download|
|Leventhorpe Growth Plan 2019 2022 1||05th Aug 2020||Download|
|Governing Body Dates for Meetings 2020 2021||15th Sep 2020||Download|
|Trustees Governors and Members Pecuniary and Business Interests 20 21||14th Apr 2021||Download|