Sixth Form Dress Code
At Leventhorpe we have a Sixth Form dress code, rather than a uniform. We do this because we believe our young people need to develop good judgement about the way they dress for life and work. The look of the Leventhorpe Sixth Form is “smart business” with our expectation for the Sixth Form to set a good example to the lower school. We expect our students to dress within the guidance below:
- Formal trousers / skirt / business-style dress
- Suit jacket
- Formal shirt / blouse or top which must cover the shoulders (see-through fabrics should have a vest or slip beneath, t-shirts and thin-strapped vests alone are not appropriate)
- Tie (for shirt)
- Formal dark shoes (heavy boots and trainers are not appropriate)
All Sixth form students must wear their Leventhorpe lanyard at all times. Any student not wearing a lanyard will be asked to go home to collect it or to get a parent/carer to bring it into school.
- Hair colours should be natural and cuts not extreme.
- Piercings are limited to two in each ear and should be small hoops or studs. A single small nose stud is allowed.
- Enlarged piercings are not appropriate.
- Hair covering for the purpose of religious observance is welcomed.
The final arbiters of what constitutes acceptable dress are the Senior Leadership Team. We reserve the right if an individual makes repeated poor choices of dress, to send them home to change.