Covid-19 Latest Information
Our latest advice
- If a student tests positive for the virus we need to know as a matter of urgency.
- If you receive a positive test result in normal school hours, please contact the absence line - 01279 836633.
- If you receive a positive result out of school hours please contact via this number 07545 922618. Please leave a message to state the student, form group and contact details and we will get back to you. Early awareness will help us to manage any future cases.
- If we ask students to isolate, then siblings can still attend school as normal.
- If we have asked you to isolate because you have been identified as a close contact, you will need to complete the full period of isolation even if you have a test which comes back as negative.
- If anyone in your household develops symptoms, the whole household needs to self-isolate. See this link for details https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/
- Getting a test seems much easier than it was a few weeks ago, so you are encouraged to get a test, but only if someone in your household has symptoms.
- The lockdown means that students should not be leaving home in the evenings and weekends to socialise. The only reasons to leave your household are outlined in this link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
Don't forget the basics
- Maintain excellent hand hygiene – wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Keep your distance – try and keep two metres away from people outside your household, or household support bubble, at all times.
- Wear a face covering where appropriate, unless exempt on health grounds, including on public transport and in shops.