16-19 Tuition Fund
The purpose of this statement is to set out how Leventhorpe School will use its 16 to 19 Tuition Fund allocation to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
What is the 16-19 Tuition Fund?
The 16-19 Tuition Ffund is funding for the 2021/22 academic year to support students and mitigate disruption to learning arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding is being used to provide individual or small group tuition for 16-19-year-olds where their learning has been disrupted and they have a GCSE Maths and/or English Grade of 4 or below. Although targeted students are identified based on their prior attainment in English and Maths, the funding will be used to support students in their learning across a variety of subjects.
The funding will also support students who have a Grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support.
Examples of disruption that these students have faced will include assessments being deferred due to lockdown or self-isolation, falling behind in their learning due to long / multiple periods of self isolation and not being able to complete external examinations due to positive COVID-19 cases.
How will Leventhorpe School use the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund?
At Leventhorpe School we intend to use the funding to provide additional support to small groups of no more than 5 students that have not yet achieved a grade 5 or higher in GCSE Maths or English and students identified with challenges and gaps due to extended school closure.
Leventhorpe will use the funding as follows:
- GCSE exam resit preparation
- To purchase bespoke resources for students and use them to support their learning
- Developing subject specific knowledge and skills gaps through support/catch up sessions
- Work closely with teaching staff to develop students’ academic and organisational skills
- Support may be delivered both onsite and remotely
Leventhorpe School is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund by:
- Producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- Publishing this guidance on the school website
- Recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
- Deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2021/22
- Notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed